Thursday 9 October 2014

Welcome to wild Big Waters

This blog is a record of the beautiful wildlife and nature in and around the Big Waters Country Park in Newcastle upon Tyne.

I have visited the park for many years, to take walks and to enjoy the relaxing atmosphere it offers. Only in August 2014 did I truly discover the diverse wildlife and nature it has to offer.




For over 20 years I have visited Big Waters to walk, photograph and generally enjoy the scenery. In August a talented wildlife photographer friend introduced me to the hides and opened a door to the fascinating and diverse wildlife that was there to see for those who cared to look.

This is my introductory blog post, I intend to log and share my sightings at Big Waters here on a regular basis (Daily/Weekly), but for now below are a few of my favourite sightings and photographs since I started watching and photographing wildlife at the start of August.

Kingfisher

Goldcrest

Male Sparrowhawk

Grey Heron washing a vole before swallowing whole

Female Adult Roe Deer and two Fawns

Stoat


To see more of my pictures follow me on flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/phphotostudio/


No comments:

Post a Comment